Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
The photo was taken while we (my son, my hubby and myself )were on our first holiday abroad together. We went to Lanzarote and stayed at the resort of Los Pocillos.
We went out for the day to the capital of Arrecife and we looking around the many shops. We went into a leather shop amongst some other people and they put on a little fashion show. They asked my son and another child to model for them so they could show off their childrens leather clothes. So I have a lovely memory of Jason (my son) walking up the catwalk and smiling and enjoying all of the attention. I am glad I have scrapped it at last.
1. I started off by using the negative from a 12 x 12 card of some chipboard peices I had bought and used Cosmic Shimmer sprays to give a postive image. I can let you know which colours if you need to know.
2. I then adhered a block of embossed cardstock which I had rubbed over with red and blue chalks. (Craftybitz – Embossed cardstock – Paisley PD018.
3. I had earlier blanked out the rest of the photograph with red acrylic paint and when this was dry I stamped stars on top of it in black permanent ink. I adhered the photograph on top of the embossed cardstock and then I cut strips from Collage Press’s 12×12 sheet called ‘ Crafting Strips’ in Knave and adhered them underneath and the the right of the photograph.
4. I cut some circles from the Sassafras Lass – Sweet Marmalade paper and inked the edges and placed these ‘curve down’ above the photograph.
5. I attched the ribbon to the layout underneath the rest of it about 2 inhces. I overlapped the ribbon and stapled down the middle to give a pleasing ‘bunched up’ effect. (make of ribbon unknown)
6. I added epoxy shapes (boy primary) by Making Memories to the bottom right of the photograph, and to the top right & bottom right of the layout.
7. I finally attached the title using Thickers – Rainboots -in black and drew around some of the bigger shapes that I had misted on the layout with a black fineliner. I will be using these to journal in, although I hadnt got around to that when I had taken the photograph.
A day without scrapping is like a day without sunshine!